Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years!!

Hi again from the boat. I hope everyone had an awesome New Years. The Sidhu clan did a very 'different' thing and broke an 8 year tradition of having New Years at the house to go on this cruise. I/Sidhu Clan apologize for any of the Fresno/etc clan that was effected- we do feel bad to some degree. But, we needed a break and it has been a good one. I have now snorkeled in three different places, have a HUGE tan, and have brushed up on the Spanish skills. The boat guys love me and my sister because we talk Spanish to them and apparently no turists even try- sad. New Years on the boat was fun- everyone was in tuxes/suits- prom dresses/etc- so VERY formal- and the party was all over the boat. My fam and I decided we were going to be out on the deck and they had screens that let us know when midnight was and the countdown. So at the stroke of midnight- streamers and balloons as well as the band played "Celebrate" and that was our New Years. It was fun to see the crew/captain/etc even be out and about celebrating with us and just being part of the crowd.

As for us today, just got back from Cabo San Lucas. One of the best snorkeling spots I've been to in a while and it was just awesome seeing all the schools of fish- and the different colors. There was a box on the bottom of the ocean that the guide picked up- apparently it was someone's remains- whoops. Yes, this is the type of information I get when talking Spanish. Anyways, since this is costing me a ton...I'm going to log off. I'll try blogging tomorrow and see how many minutes I have left. Be back in Fresno on Saturday... (hopefully the 405 will be kind to us like it was on the way down)...

Happy New Years everyone and thanks again for reading my blog...if anyone is still out there..

No comments: