Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

 
So, today, was an obviously special day for the United States and the world. Inauguration day. I really don't remember another inauguration in my lifetime that meant as much or created as much buzz as this one. It was an awe inspiring sight to see thousands of people out in Washington mall all in support for our new president. If you've ever been to DC- one end to another end is a LONG way. To see it that crowded and filled up to the rim, is nuts to me but a great sign that our nation is going in the right direction. 

I was scared that I would miss the moment because I was in the computer lab all day with my students. But, because of CNN.com and live streaming, I got to use it on our projector screen/SMART board. It was awesome to see the students all excited and what was WEIRD timing was that the actual swearing in/speech came right at passing period. So kids were rushing to their next period, or wanting to get out early to get to catch the speech in their next class, or staying with me till it ended. Even my freshmen that came in during the speech were silent as they walked in and just really respectful and interested in the speech. It was just an awesome day. 

Other than that, just trying to relax and nurse my bruises and soreness. My knees are totally banged up but at least I'm walking. I'm excited about the upcoming weeks because they are totally booked and just concentrate on things that I want to do/goals that I have. Ok, hope everyone had a good Tuesday and got to watch the inauguration with friends/familly/etc. 

No comments: