Monday, January 5, 2009

Daring to be Cell Phone Free...

This is my cell phone- the Verizon LG Dare. It's been acting weird ever since I got back from Mexico... it's a great phone for the most part- touch screen- has email/browser/etc- texting both ways- very much like the Iphone(but I guess not as trendy). Anyways, it died on me today during school(weird) and then after what I thought was a good charging amount of time- it died after a good 30 minute convo with a friend. WTF!??! So now, off to Verizon tomorrow...hopefully, it'll be like my laptop issue- new battery, good to go. 

I am now realizing how dependent I am on my cell phone. Just not having the option to text someone or have an emergency line out to the real world is a little scary. The phone has now become one of those things that you always check for on the way out of the house- keys(check), phone(check), lunch(check), book bag(check)... I remember when I was soo against having a cell phone my senior year of college, that when I finally got one, I was like, why didn't I get this earlier? Now, land lines are out the door and it's rare for someone my age to have a land line...

As for other news, school was good today. I missed my students and my 1st period got treated with a birthday cake courtesy of my birthday(we didn't really eat it in Fresno). It's always weird getting back in the swing of things and even the 1st couple of minutes of starting class, I was like, how do I teach again? Oh yea...this is how. I am also adapting to the cold here up in the bay--yes, I know east coasters- not as cold as you guys, but for me, damn cold(45 degrees). I'm too cheap to put on the heater so now I've resorted to putting this little personal heater and directly getting it to me. Works miracles. Compliments of an ex-boyfriend that never took it back- hehe. He still has my Italy shirt so I guess its fair...

Ok, hope everyone survived their manic mondays... let's all pray to the cell phone gods and revive my phone... 

No comments: