Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Honesty Is the Best Policy...


For years, I've been trying to work on being honest with people and I think it's a good trait to have. Obviously, you can't be honest all the time because in doing that, you will hurt someone's feelings. Over and over again these last couple of weeks, I've been dealing with 'should I be honest with this person about this?' or let it go... It's really scary putting your thoughts/concerns out there for someone to know and then the feeling of rejection might rear its ugly head. 

A lot of friends/etc. have urged me to be honest with my feelings/insights and just bite the bullet and do what I need to do. It's hard when you don't know the outcome or remember the time that you put yourself out there and were rejected. Yes, its years later from rejection but the same scared girl is still there. If you remember 'Notting Hill' with Julia Roberts/Hugh Grant- "I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her"... I know, not the greatest quote of all time, but the quote still resonates with me on things concerning relationships/being in that vulnerable position. I think thats why I haven't really started any new relationships or even gone over old ones because of the fear of being honest with my feelings. I over-analyze like all girls and try to figure out what the true meaning is of every little thing that happens- or if it meant anything at all. 

I know this post is really random- just didn't really have anything else to post. I'm sick so in the process of getting better, a lot of thought and thinking about 'what is the meaning of life?' questions keep popping into my head and I figured I'm allowed some random postings. Anyways, hope everyone had a good tuesday! 

No comments: