Friday, January 23, 2009

Back in Business...

So I got back my Internet after it was gone for two nights in a row. Comcast gave up hope on my wire in my room and now I'm using basically another cable cord in another room- whatever works, right? 

The last couple of days have been interesting. I've been dealing with this internet issue, my car issues, and just trying to get caught up with everything else. It's hard to catch up on things that I've been putting on the pile of 'stuff to do' and now I'll definitely have to pay for it this weekend. At least I can do my masters midterm tomorrow without worrying about internet. 

The best thing that happened was that one of my best family friends visited me for a couple of hours yesterday. He's abroad this year and I miss him a LOT since he's my sounding off board for a lot of my drama/insecurities on life. I think we missed each other and it was nice to just catch up face to face and get another perspective on what is going on in both of our lives. I've had a hard time just accepting the fact that I'm the 'alternative' indian girl as he refers to me and focusing on being unique versus weird(just one of the many topics we covered). It's always nice to talk to people that truly know you, where you come from, and where you're going- and believe in you. I needed that and it was a nice surprise in the middle of the chaos that was going on around me. 

Ok, I gotta get ready for a great game of basketball. :) Hope everyone has a great Friday and I'll be posting more often! 

No comments: