Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sleeping In...


How great is it to sleep in? I don't get to sleep in very often because a) i'm a morning person and I like to get things done in the morning, b) my sleeping schedule makes me get up at 'normal' teacher time, c) too much sleep gets me groggy. I went to bed somewhat late(1am) after eating some monstrous pazooki at BJs(good stuff) and then figured, I don't have anything to do today/no plans so why even get out of bed. I think I officially got up out of my bed at 1pm. My stomach was growling and it was getting a little ridiculous. 

As adults, we don't get a lot of sleep. I'm TRYING to get 8 hours but its almost impossible for me since I like to stay up late/can't go to sleep till 11pm(at least). But, days like today, I got plenty of sleep and now feel somewhat groggy. It's finding that nice balance of what works for you and what doesn't. 

Other than sleeping in, I got some phone calls from my girls and graded like a fiend. My students will be happy that I got things done. Lately, because of my social calendar, grading hasn't been a priority, so therefore, its fallen off the way side. Now, because this was my 1st weekend officially at home, I got stuff done. It was a nice lazy sunday- one that I needed for sure. 

Ok, hope everyone gets some rest and gets to sleep in for tomorrow. Nite! 

No comments: