Sunday, January 4, 2009

Catching up with Dawson's Creek...

I'm back in the bay and getting ready for the grind tomorrow morning. I'm actually feeling pretty good about seeing my students and just getting back to things. It's always a good sign when I'm not dreading going back to work like a lot of people in the U.S. 

One of the things that I do randomly is watch my Dawson Creek's DVDs. Yes, I own all SIX seasons of Dawson's Creek and I love watching some episodes. I didn't really watch the show when I was in college/etc. so I got hooked after it was done. I remember being somewhat interested in who Joey ended up with and was PISSED when I found out that it didn't go the way that I wanted. Now, in watching my episodes again and again, I now understand it. People often ask me why I watch this show...there is a lot of reasons. First, I love the writing of the how- really intellectual and I get nuggets of information each time I watch. Second, it relates to my life in 2 ways: having a guy friend that turned into a boyfriend and then having a close family friend in my life that turned into someone special in my life/best friend. Just scenes that I see in it/etc reminds me of what I went through in college/high school and even gives me advice on things for me now. I know...I'm weird. Just sharing. 

Even with all the Dawson's Creek watching, I was still way productive and got a lot done. I even managed to see a friend for dinner and pretty much do what I wanted to do today- always a good thing. The only thing lingering that I didn't do was return bday phone calls and emails. So to everyone that called/emailed/texted me- I WILL get back to you this week and I'm very thankful to have friends that do care... I didn't have the greatest bday(in fact, it went down as one of the worst bdays I've had) so thats why there was no blog entry on it. Not a big deal... just going to make sure that these next weekends make up for it(which should for the most part-have kayaking/hikes/etc booked). I even booked a spa treatment on the long weekend...so I'm super stoked about that. 

Ok- hope everyone had a good productive Sunday! :) 

No comments: