Saturday, January 10, 2009

Elkhorn Slough





  
Ok- here are some pics of Elkhorn Slough- pronounced "slew"--> I didn't have my normal camera because I didn't have any charged batteries(doh!)... so these are off my camera phone. Not bad considering I was scared that my camera/me would capsize in the water.  Anyways, kayaking was awesome as you can see. Sea lions, sea otters, and even harbor seals were all over the place. It's just awesome to see these animals in their natural habitat and just hanging out, trying to survive. It was a gorgeous day and well worth my hour and a half drive to get to it. The sea otters(my personal favorite) were ALL over the place and just grooming and having fun with each other everywhere you looked. I have never seen soo many otters in one place(and I've kayaked a LOT), so it was a real treat. It reminds me why I love to see animals in their natural habitat versus in Monterey Bay Aquarium or any other zoo. Even though they educate the public, the animals deserve to be in their natural habitat(just making my opinion heard here). 

After kayaking, I went to see my travel girl and we made a *small* purchase. A 3 week trip to Peru in June!!! We are SUPER stoked about it- no Inca Trail, but Macchu Picchu is definitely on the trip (lots of reasons why I didn't go with the Inca trail- even though I'm somewhat sad about it- I'm getting over it). I'm glad I'm going with someone and this trip is a tour- so no stress about planning. Pay the money- get on the plane- enjoy. No worries about arrangements/bookings/etc. It's awesome. Haven't done this since Europe- so it'll be fun to be on another tour with other people as well. I'm now broke as a joke, but hopefully, my tax refund will repay for the trip and I'll be back to where I was. 

Ok, hope everyone had a good Saturday as much as I did. Nite. 

No comments: