Saturday, January 24, 2009

Confidence


I had a big midterm that I needed to complete today by 9pm PST. When I opened it, I was like, wtf- I'm going to fail. I was in that uncaring mode of f-it and I don't care if I fail(when I really do care). But, once I started(really started), it all came back to me. I learned more in the last 5.5 hours completing it than I have in the entire course(long story and I know pretty sad). So I feel pretty confident that I did aok(lets all pray for my B) and hence the my picture of this posting- relieved to be done. 

My confidence has been wavering a lot lately. Even with learning snowboarding, the instructor was like, you're good for a 2nd timer- stop worrying- more confidence in yourself and you're there. The next time I tried it, I did my S-turn. So I don't know if it's from that lesson, my best friend visiting, or just life in general- I've been really thinking a lot about how my confidence has diminished ever since college. I don't know if it's because I'm more shy, more aware of my surroundings, or my life has changed to make me this way. I'll figure it out but things like me finishing my midterm today in a great time period made me be aware that my confidence in my self just needs a big dose of medicine. 

Oh, in other news, my school kicked our rivals butt by a good 25 points. It was kinda boring being soo ahead but it was great revenge for last year's loss(losing by 1 point in double overtime). Anyways, hope everyone is having a better weekend than I am(relaxing more)... Nite!

No comments: