Monday, January 19, 2009

Muscle Soreness Relief with a Spa Day

 
Last night was a doozy to get in bed and then wake up. I woke up with major soreness and barely able to walk. I knew this was going to happen and therefore, I booked a spa package at a local spa that won the readers choice award for 'best spa'. I forgot how awesome spas are and this one was just on another level. 

First, they led me to a room, where I had my own jacuzzi, a sauna, and a cold dip. Gave me slippers and a robe, and basically, I was alone for a good hour going to all three. I was REALLY skeptical about the cold dip-- ice cold water-- but after a jacuzzi/sauna- i was ready for relief. It was rough at first, if you can imagine(just imagine dunking yourself in ice cold water), but then you feel it just being a great, refreshing thing for my aching muscles. In a spa, you truly forget your worries. Every time you think about something in your life, it just magically goes away because your body takes over on the relaxation front. Such a weird experience but just an awesome one. 

After that, got to have a dry brush(oils rub down with a smooth brush) and then a good hour massage and facial. I was THAT close to going to sleep, but I was dedicated at feeling everything that was going on and just remaining alert. When I got out of the spa, I really felt sleepy and had a hard time even driving home- that's how relaxed I was. Totally missed a one-way street and almost ran into someone because of my relaxation. 

I have some narly bruises on my legs as well as swelling on my knees. I was going to take a picture of my blue bruise, but I thought I might gross people out about how big and how blue/purple it is. Oh well, a part of the game of learning something new. 

This was one of the best weekends I've had in a while. Just an amazing experience all around. Hope everyone got to celebrate MLK the way I did(in a relaxing way) and hope everyone has a good start to the week. 

1 comment:

psychoverse said...

you did a much better job of staying off the grid and getting unplugged than I did...