Monday, December 1, 2008

Going out on a Monday Night...

I never go out on the weekdays after work- hardly ever. I'm usually grading, planning, or just doing work for my masters- as well as catching up on friends/family/etc. So in order to keep sane, I've reverted back to my promise I made to myself way back in my 1st year of teaching-going out one night at least(Mon-Thurs). My 1st year- this was mostly on dates with boys- tonight, it was more of a group thing- boys/girls mixed(which is a nice change of pace). 

Learned Texas Hold-Em- I'm not good at it- even though I've watched the pro's on TV and think I know what they are doing and what to bet. Playing it is another deal. I did fairly ok- but still need lessons and just more 'poker' looks. I'm not good at lying and just not being excited when I have a good hand. Last weekend, in Tahoe, I cleaned up playing "Spoons"- one of the easiest games out there and one that I did fairly well my first time playing. Yes, its an age old high school game apparently- but I'm now a big fan of it. I haven't laughed so hard in a while. 

It's late for me but I didn't want to bail on posting only my 3rd day on my 'new' blog. Thanks to all who have emailed me and wished me luck on this blog. We'll see how this trend goes. So far, so good. 

Good night, all. 

No comments: