Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Shopping on Christmas Eve...

Yes, I survived Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve. I had to go get my computer revived(thank God it was just a battery issue- $130 dollars later- laptop is a happy camper)... and get some stuff for the family. My brother and I braved going to Fashion Fair mall and just was smart about it. Don't go down the main drag(Shaw) and go down Fresno Ave- go to the back of the mall where there is plenty of parking- not the front. Walked into Macys Men and bam- right into the Apple Store. Get in, get out. 

Then, we had to go to River Park shopping center. Another cluster parking nightmare. Park in random lot, walk in- no problem- it wasn't that bad. Even got to go to two parts- two different parking spots. Borders somewhat had a long line to check out but within 5 minutes we were out the door. Lines that go fast, you don't even notice how long you're in there. Plus, most stores now have those "impulsive buys" that you can look at and want because its like, hey, why not? My brother got suckered into Ghirradeli Peppermint Chocolate... not that bad on the choices of impulsive shopping. 

Honestly, I'm just glad that I didn't have to go through more of a crunch. My laptop is aok which is one of the best gifts that I could have gotten. Basically, the battery was running at like 20% of what it was supposed to so yea, it was pretty much dead. The "apple genius" says that I have maybe a good 1-2 years left on this one if that, so I'll take that and run. No new laptop in the near future. Maybe in the summer or next year for xmas/bday. 

Ok, hope everyone has a great Christmas Eve...

2 comments:

IndianChicky said...

Holler. Gotta love the Fresno vibe. Just be glad you don't have to go to the mall to do pinche last minute shopping stories that don't mean anything to anyone...im so ready to cruise and booze right now. holler at your boy and there will me some snappage involved. snap. Roo.

Mama said...

I did very little shopping in the last few weeks...did it all early :o) Have fun in the 'no this holiday! :o)