Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Productivity...

I'm sure everyone has those days where one part of your day- you are really, really productive and then the other part of the day- you do nothing. Thats me today. Today, was REALLY busy- with students gearing up for finals in 2 weeks, finishing a can food drive(got 40 bags of groceries-whoo hoo) and then having a pizza party for my club- I felt like I was running around and didn't get a break. By the time I got home, I was spent. Now, looking at work(some school work and masters work)- it's now, no thank you. I'll probably pay for it this weekend, but everyone deserves a break, right? 

In other news, as most people know, I participated in EC's lip sync rally last year- the theme was 'Movies' and us teachers decided to do "Stomp the Yard". Here's a link if you haven't seen it. The rally is in MARCH and the main organizer is already talking about what to do this year. The theme this year is "Songs that Sample Other Songs". So here's a list that students/we are considering...any thoughts? 

1. Queen-Under pressure/Vanilla Ice- Ice, Ice Baby
2. Rick James- SuperFreak; MC Hammer- You Can't Touch This
3. Micheal Jackson- Wanna be starting something; Rihanna- Please don't stop the music
4. Annie- hard knock life; JZ- Hard Knock Life
5. Grover Washington- Just the two of us; Will Smith- Just the two of us

There's a lot more, but you get the point. It's a lot of fun and as you can see from last year, it's a HUGE deal for students to see their teachers do something out of the 'normal'. 

Ok- going to try to get more productive. Signing out. 


No comments: