Monday, December 22, 2008

Spas...

In the past, I always thought that girls that go to spas were overly girly, self-indulgent, and just not a thing I would do. I thought it was too expensive to treat yourself with a massage or with facials where the money can go somewhere else. I still think this way to a point- but last year, around this time, my definition of what a spa day changed. 

On my 30th birthday, I had my first spa day. I got my 1st massage ever, a facial, and a manicure. Yes, I had gotten a manicure and a facial before(on the insistence of others) but not all at once. Let me tell you- my spa day somewhat changed my life in a good way. First, you change into those fluffy robes and slippers and then go into the sauna to just sit there and do nothing. That just puts you in the mood of relaxation and I hadn't done anything yet. Then, I was whisked away to my 1st massage. I was somewhat nervous about the whole naked thing- but I got over that fast. The massage therapist was awesome and we just chatted the entire time and it made me forget about school, my worries, or anything in general. 

Then, I waited for like 5 minutes and I was whisked away to my facial. My body was already relaxed and my face got a scrubbing like it never had before. It was like, my skin cells were saying- thank you for doing this. Then, not knowing what time it was, it was off to my manicure. My mom showed up and let me know that I was in the spa for a good 3 hours! Wha?? When you're in the spa- you don't even notice time. 

Ever since that day, I've been a big believer in spas. It was the best birthday present I got/gave myself and now, thinking about making it a year tradition. Yes, I know- I'm not a mom- nor don't really have the stress of someone that is an executive or something- but it's nice to be pampered once in awhile. Remind yourself that you're worth it. I used to be like, wtf- those girls that go to spas are ridiculous. Now, I'm one of those girls...oh well, I embrace it! :) 

Maybe I'll get one in the next week and relive my experience. If you haven't done it- I recommend it. OK- spa girl signing off...

No comments: