Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope everyone had an exciting Christmas day and just got whatever they wanted. The Sidhu household was a little different this year since we're not doing New Years this year(a 8 year record)-- the house isn't decked out as much as it has in years past, but our front yard looks damn good with all the Christmas lights. 

Every year, we agree not to get Christmas gifts for one another but my mom gets too much in the spirit and then she buys gifts for everyone. Then we all buy gifts for one another and so on. My dad's bday happens to be on Christmas so we celebrate that more than Christmas so that has always been our excuse to celebrate. No, we're not Christian, and in the past, we've somewhat gotten a lot of negative vibes from other Indian families that don't celebrate and the fact that we do- makes them angry. We're kinda over that as of yet and we see it more of a)my dad's bday, b) everyone is celebrating, why don't we celebrate? no harm, no foul. 

I got some cool gifts. A sweater, a coverup for swimming(since we're going on a cruise), socks(my mom said my socks were gross) and then the best gift ever, a Camel-back backpack for hiking complete with a water hose. Basically, its a backpack from REI that has a water system in it. Awesome gift for the outdoor girl in me. Good for my hiking trips that I have next month...also, for Manchu Picchu. 

We capped off the night with poorji(eggs/onions) and prontas...good stuff...all in all, a great Christmas of doing nothing all day and just hanging out with the fam. Hope everyone had a good Christmas!! :) 

No comments: