Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sick Laptop...

So, today, my laptop is sick. I have an Apple G4 that my sister gave me 4 years ago as my 2nd computer. My 1st one, I bought on Ebay(yes, used and for only 600 bucks) and it lasted me a good 5 years. When I took that laptop in after the screen was flickering, the Apple Genius bar guys were all surprised at how ancient my laptop was and were surprised that it still ran. That laptop had been all over the world and had survived a lot of ongoing things. 

This laptop, I'll be sad if this one dies on me too. I trust Apple a lot and know that the sell awesome products. It took me a while for me to switch over but now I'm a big proponent on it. My laptop that is sick now is not powering up. At first, it would randomly dim the screen but once the power was really plugged in properly, it would be aok. Now, its officially 'died'. I can't turn on the power even though minutes before it claimed the battery was 100%. 

Now, I don't mind getting a new laptop. It'll be exciting for the most part and since my birthday happens to be next week, it'll be a perfect bday gift. BUTT, the ONLY thing, like anybody that has had a sick laptop/computer, is the data. Even though I transfered most of it this summer after Spain, all the stuff that I've done since August- not there. Being a teacher, this is somewhat a nightmare, but at least I have the old stuff and hard copies of the new stuff. 

Let's all pray to the Apple gods that my laptop is fixed tomorrow and it's just a battery situation. Yes, I have to brave Fashion Fair Mall on Christmas Eve to go to the Apple Store- wtf- yes, I'm crazy, but this is an emergency. Omm....Ommm... let my laptop be aok(chanting is good...). 

Ok, hope everyone is surviving the Christmas season...only 1 more shopping day left! :) 

No comments: