Saturday, December 6, 2008

Movie Marathon...

On random Saturdays, when I need a break from the week or just want a chill weekend, I do a movie marathon day. Since I don't have TV, its my chance to just stay in and just chill. Usually I grade or do masters work, but I threw caution to the wind and I haven't done anything. 

One movie I got to see FINALLY- Wall-E. Yes, it came out a long time ago but in my time, blockbuster just came out with it so I rented it. Everyone around me was like, oh you gotta see it- blah blah. I hate when movies are overrated and then when I see them, I'm like, really, is this it? This happened with Nightmare before Christmas, Juno, Borat, Big Lobowski, and Office Space(yes, I still don't get the hype over these movies). Yes, they were good, but were they everything end all be all- not really. But, Wall-E--OMG- what an awesome movie. Just how there was absolutely no dialog(hardly), how the science geek in me was excited about how they put the environment/plant(life) in it, how they put little references in it from the past- and most of all- it reminded me how to be a kid again. I always get scared watching these type of Pixar movies- but in the end, I love
them. 

Also, on another note- have you ever been in situation where you have to make a quick decision and then your gut is screaming to go one way-but  you go against your gut- and then karma hits and you're like, man, I should have followed my gut. That's what happened to me last night and I got the small remifications this morning(more laughing about the situation) and I'm sure I'm going to get more of it on Monday. Oh well, wrong decision-karma whacks you upside the head. Life lessons, right?

On to my favorite movie of all time... "Love Actually". When I first saw it, I just broke up with boyfriend, and I cried the entire time and didn't get why it was so popular with my friends. After I got over him, now its my one feel good movie and it's mostly because of this scene. If you haven't watched this movie, this scene is awesome(at least for girls but I know some guys love it too). 

Hope everyone had a good saturday night... 


No comments: