Friday, December 5, 2008

Cat Fight...

So, today, in one of my co-worker's rooms-- there was a cat fight- two girls basically going at it. At EC- this doesn't happen much so it spread like wildfire.Girl fights are worse then guy fights- a lot of beef- hair pulling, nails, the whole gammit. Girls don't fight each other unless there is REAL issues going on/emotions going.  One of the girls happened to be one of my Advanced students which was a total shock to me. Anyways, sucks that it happened and to good people also.

So this got me thinking--I've never been in a brawl. Never punched someone, never been so angry at someone or defend someone. A LOT of girls have. Boys- almost all of them have been in fights. Girls- not so much. But, then I talk to a lot of girls and they too have been in fights- mostly defending someone else or someone really ticked them off. The closest I got was in high school where this girl called me out on talking trash about her. I retorted that she was talking smack about my sister. I basically got scared and just stopped any chance of the fight by apologizing and asking her not to pick on my sister. I doubt she stopped talking smack but I tried stopping. No fight insued, but that was the closest I got. 

Tonight, I went to go see "Get Mortified" (which plays all over the nation)--> somewhat improv but more poetry/story telling of the author's writings from when they were a teenager. One girl was from Fresno(my hometown) and had poems when she went to Kastner(a local middle school) and when she turned 12 and then 13. All the crushes/angst/etc that accompanies being a teen. Another person wrote about his first time having sex-another had a book about all the guys that she kissed and gave ratings on how they were/etc(reminds me when I wrote about all my dating stories in college). It was just awesome seeing people read their stuff that they wrote when they were teens and how much angst they went through that was similar to everyone in the room. I wish I saved some of my short stories/angst driven pieces/journals that I had so that I can reflect on them now. At least they can laugh through it now. 

Why do I mention this? Throughout the entire story telling, this couple next to me was plastered drunk. It was wall to wall people in a tiny bar and no room really to move(standing room only). The couple right next to me- especially the girl- was just being dumb and saying things that were inappropriate. I had to remind myself- hi, she's drunk- you've been drunk- just let her have her night. But, the teacher in me, wanted to reprimend her and tell her that she was being inappropriate. Then, I thought, wow, I would really like to pick a fight with her and just tell her off. But, I think having the fight of this morning in my head and just talked myself out of it. 

Maybe I'll pick a fight when due cause is there. Fighting physically in most cases is dumb and dangerous...talking goes a long way. We'll see what the future holds in the boxer in me--> till then, hope everyone had a good TGIF. 

No comments: