Sunday, August 9, 2009

Yes, I'm Still Here...

I took a 2 month hiatus obviously. I didn't realize that people still check my blog until one of my friends told me yesterday- hey, what happened to your blog entries... oops. I've been doing the facebook thing and therefore, thought, hey, thats where people will read what I've been up to, right? I guess this is something that I still need to put up and need to work on- so I'm here- whoo hoo!

So what did I do? Well, the big thing is that I went to Peru for a good month with my friend, A*. We had an awesome time and we went with GAP adventures which is a big touring company. My friend recommended the company and I said- yea, know what- I'm going to try it. Had an awesome time with Contiki(another tour company) in Europe so why not try another? Me and A had an awesome 12 person group- we were the only two Americans- and then the rest were primarily from Great Britain, Austrailia(1), and then 2 from Canada. It was a trip filled with different climates, lots to see- and of course, Machhu Picchu. Amazing site and I recommend to all. The people in Peru are really nice(even though Costa Ricans by FAR are the friendliest I've met so far!) and the country is vast in its history of Inca history and nature in general.

I also did my annual California tour- going to Sacramento(for a school conference)- then to UC Santa Barbara to help a friend out with his leadership kids- then went to LA and then to my 'home'- San Diego. Its exhausting just typing it out but it was an awesome trip to see a lot of my friends and get to do a lot of things in a short amount of time.

Other than that, now I'm in school mode. Signed up for being one of the advisors for Freshmen Orientation(Link Crew) and now overwhelmed with all that has to be done. Why did I do this again? oh yea, cause I thought it would be fun. It is fun- just a lot of work- and talking to 450 freshmen- is a little scary... so we'll see how that goes. Tomorrow, its 80 students... so I'm starting slow. Just double the amount in my classes right? I can do this...

School starts the 17th-- whoo hoo(!) and then I have my masters class up in running(taking two classes and I think I'm going to pass out on the amount of work...thats double my usual load). SOOO yea, I'm trying to maintain my sanity, trying to enjoy my last minutes of summer vacation, and hopefully, just enjoy being back in the swing of things. I had an awesome summer, so I can't complain. I'll be on much more here on the blog ! :)

No comments: