Tuesday, August 18, 2009

first day of school...

oh yes, today was the 1st day of school... so you're all probably wondering- what happened/how'd it go? it was aok... for the most part, it went well. my students seemed to amped up and mostly silent and my advanced classes are going to be fun. I really am laid back in advanced and its a welcome break after lunch to have 2 periods straight of 'good' kids. it makes the 2 periods after lunch a LOT faster and just more rewarding... so i was excited about that.

even though i downed probably a good 5-6 bottles worth of water- i still have a sore throat from talking too much. it happens each year and even though I know it happens and i do everything in my power to make it go away... it still happens. oh well. also, i wasn't used to being in work clothes and in work shoes. gone are the flip flops- and even though I have comfy work shoes- they still don't compare to flip flops or my sandles... oh well.

i'm exhausted today. I was going to do work but after a 1.5 hour meeting AFTER school today, i'm spent. I'm barely writing this already and i just don't have any brain cells to do something productive. thank god i made all my lesson plans ahead of time so that i can slack for a little bit...

other than that- life is good. i'm soo lucky to teach where i'm at and have a staff that is amazing all around. its also nice being a 'veteran' now and just knowing how things run. ok, going to rest up more and get ready for tomorrow...

No comments: