Saturday, August 15, 2009

Summer=Officially Over?!??!

So, I'm going to try to write more often on this since I miss writing and I need to get back in the work mode. I've been SUPER busy with orientation- it is now officially done! I had to talk to 400+ freshmen and memorize this speech that was somewhat complicated. Didn't memorize it word for word- but I think I got all the main points across to the best of my ability and I tried to read the audience so that I wouldn't bore them too much. I was lucky to have one of my other staff members help me out so it made it a LOTTT easier and not as crazy.

Other than that, school starts on Tuesday... um, I haven't worked on curriculum at ALL- don't have a syllabus done or even the first week planned out. I have everything 'done' but just not organized per se... thats why i have experience on me, right???? Plus, i'm actually getting textbooks the first day of school and that takes a good 15 minutes out of my period... i guess i just got lucky.

I'm looking forward to the new school year to some degree. Have an awesome schedule and just am comfortable at work now. Ok, well I figured I would just say hii and write a little so that I get into the habit. Hope everyone has a good weekend...

No comments: